POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : POV Feature Request : Re: POV Feature Request Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:21:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV Feature Request
From: Ken
Date: 15 Dec 1999 10:42:38
Message: <3857B6B0.B4EE556E@pacbell.net>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote:

> >> How about a line number to go along with the "no pigment type given" error
> >> message???
> >>
> >> Eric
> >> (who just spent an hour tracking down an object with no pigment)
> >
> > I hate to admit it Eric but when you are right you are really right.
> > That is one bugger of a problem to find sometimes.
>
> If no line number is listed that looks like a bug to me - so you know what
> to do :-)
>
>       Thorsten

Before I do what I am supposed to do can I get a verification that
this warning is indeed a bug by not issuing a line number for the
warning.

All that is needed to reproduce the error is to include the following
object in a file and render it -

box{-1,1)

Warning message is copied from the POV-Ray for Windows message window:

Redirecting Options
  All Streams to console..........On
  Debug Stream to console.........On
  Fatal Stream to console.........On
  Render Stream to console........On
  Statistics Stream to console....On
  Warning Stream to console.......On

No pigment type given.  <------------------

Scene contains 1 frame level objects; 0 infinite.

F:\Program Files\POV-Ray for Windows v3.1\test.pov

--
Wishing you Seasons Greetings, A Merry Christmas, and A Happy New Year !