POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Question about normal bug fix : Re: Question about normal bug fix Server Time
2 Sep 2024 14:13:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Question about normal bug fix
From: Philippe Debar
Date: 15 Dec 1999 05:08:14
Message: <3857688e@news.povray.org>
Wouldn't a good solution to make a translator program that tweak the
settings to get the same scene? It could also make other adjustments like,
old style color_maps, blobs, radiosity, adding ";" and perhaps even convert
halo to media.
I know this isn't a new idea. I know it is probably quite a work (and maybe
even impossible for halos). But I think it is one of the best solution for
this kind of backward compatibility problems. And, er, an idea (maybe a
stupid one) the translation could be done by patched POV itself, using the
parser but outputting a POV file rather than / together with the image file.
And this would keep everything in one place.
Please don't flame me. I have no idea how hard or unintelligent this is, I
am no programmer.
And many thanks to everybody who made and make POV the wonderful renderer it
is.

Povingly

Philippe