POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Using the official Win32 POV3.1g editor with the MegaPatch? : Re: Using the official Win32 POV3.1g editor with the MegaPatch? Server Time
2 Sep 2024 14:16:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Using the official Win32 POV3.1g editor with the MegaPatch?
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 14 Dec 1999 22:39:05
Message: <38570d59@news.povray.org>
Matthew Bennett <ben### [at] btinternetcom> wrote...
> Humm.. thanks for all your help - but when the cmax101.dll file is in the
> same directory as the megapov.exe, or even if I simply copy the
megapov.exe
> into the /bin directory, I still get the older bugs :(
>
> Perhaps it's not the codemax editor part itself that's causing the
problem,
> but some older code for some other part of the POV win32 GUI.

True.  The source code to the 3.1g interface is not available.

> For example - a fix was made in later versions that meant the timer
stopped
> when you pause during a render.  When I run the official pvengine.exe,
this
> is the case - and no graphics glitches too (which I believe where fixed
> around the same time as the timer).  However, when I run the megapov.exe
(or
> indeed the superpatch) the older GUI runs, complete with gfx glitchs and
the
> timer ~continues~ when a rendering is paused (showing it's an earlier
> version).

Graphics glitches I think are a problem caused by compiling with VC++
instead of with Watcom.

The timer stopping was fixed in the 3.1g interface, but that source is not
available to the public.

-Nathan