POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MegaPov 0.2 and demos : Re: MegaPov 0.2 and demos Server Time
2 Sep 2024 20:19:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPov 0.2 and demos
From: Carl Bartels
Date: 14 Dec 1999 21:20:07
Message: <3856FAD7.31EEB203@bravo435.chem.mcgill.ca>
Mark Gordon wrote:

> Carl Bartels wrote:

<snip>

> > BTW, I added the #define UNIX stuff to my unixconf.h file and I still
> > get that stricmp problem during linking, so I'm back to my original fix
> > until I figure out what's going on.
>
> Weird.  Was this before or after you independently discovered that you
> need to #include "frame.h"?

This was before.  I gotta stop posting in different places.  It get's
confusing.

As for the single binary idea I  mentioned in the povray.unix group,
there was one point in a readme for the source where it suggested doing
make newunix ; make xwin ; make svga  to get all the binaries.  I don't
know if that was just with 3.02 or something more recent though.  This
has be noticed before, but I guess it was pretty low priority since it's
easy to work around it.

Another reason I wanted just one binary was because all three takes up
space.  But then, I only ever use x-povray so I guess it doesn't really
matter much.

--
Carl Bartels, Department of Chemsitry, Mcgill University, to reply to
me,