POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MegaPov 0.2 : Re: MegaPov 0.2 Server Time
2 Sep 2024 20:15:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPov 0.2
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 14 Dec 1999 09:32:51
Message: <38565513@news.povray.org>
In article <38562588@news.povray.org> , Nieminen Juha
<war### [at] punarastascstutfi>  wrote:

>   I still think that most compilers (C or C++) have some kind of option to
> make it a strict ANSI C compiler.

I am not sure if Visual does...

>   These kind of hybrid compilers are bad IMHO. They are not C compilers nor
> C++ compilers. They are some kind of mutation between the two.

Yes, too true!  That is the price we have to pay in the GUI age ;-)

> :  Did you try
> : to force GCC to compile the files as C++ code?
>
>   Yes, but it didn't work. It has some illegal code when compiling as C++.

Old style function headers, right? There were still a few left in Superpatch
and I guess they still are.

BTW, do you have any problems compiling the official version with strict
ANSI set and/or as C++?  For me that works just fine and I am curious if it
also works under gcc.

      Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde