POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MegaPov radiosity slow down, and degenerate triangles? : Re: MegaPov NEXT radiosity bug... Server Time
2 Sep 2024 16:19:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPov NEXT radiosity bug...
From: Paul Blaszczyk
Date: 12 Dec 1999 17:09:44
Message: <38556E82.2DBF58D9@alpharay.de>
omniVERSE schrieb:

> It was said to probably have bugs, and you just pointed out a couple
> spectacular ones there looks like, if it is indeed error.  Are you following
> the new instructions on using radiosity now with MegaPOV?  In the
> radiosit.htm file...

Sure. I'm using the new radiosity-settings since UV-POV 6.0....
Here are the radiosity-settings i'm used in this scene (for UV-POV 6.0 and
MegaPOV):

global_settings {
max_intersections 32
max_trace_level 5
assumed_gamma 2.0

  ini_option "+QR"
  ini_option "Preview_Start_Size=16"
  ini_option "Preview_End_Size=4"

  radiosity {
    brightness       5
    count            250
    max_sample 2.5
    error_bound      0.5
    gray_threshold   0.0
    low_error_factor 0.5
    minimum_reuse    0.015
    nearest_count    10
    recursion_limit  1
  }
}

Here can ya see a scene rendered with UV-POV 6.0 with these settings (800x600
resolution):
    http://www.povstudio.de/scene_10.jpg

And here a small version rendered with MegaPOV (the same scene + settings):
    http://www.povstudio.de/scene_10_mp.jpg

Bye
  Paul

Homepage:    http://www.alpharay.de