POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MegaPov 0.2 and demos : Re: MegaPov 0.2 and demos Server Time
2 Sep 2024 14:20:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPov 0.2 and demos
From: Carl Bartels
Date: 13 Dec 1999 09:54:57
Message: <385508BF.527D0A9E@bravo435.chem.mcgill.ca>
Actually, I was using my own compile at the time (under Linux).  I get
similar results with Marks version, I just hadn't had a chance to play
with it yet at that point last night.  The difference between the
behavior of my compile and Marks is that his kindly dumps core while
mine just sits there all locked up with the image half rendered (kill -9
is the only way to stop it.) I've found a few more test images that
it'll do this for, including the chess2 image that comes with the
official distribution (I figured I'd check to see if the traditional
images still worked.)

--
Carl Bartels, Department of Chemsitry, Mcgill University, to reply to
me,