POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MegaPov radiosity slow down, and degenerate triangles? : MegaPov radiosity slow down, and degenerate triangles? Server Time
2 Sep 2024 16:16:21 EDT (-0400)
  MegaPov radiosity slow down, and degenerate triangles?
From: GrimDude
Date: 11 Dec 1999 19:16:42
Message: <3852e96a@news.povray.org>
Nathan,

  Great job on this significant release!
  I have run into a few strange anomolies, though. First off, the radiosity
is far slower then SuperPatch 3.02. Second, even though the mesh problem has
been fixed, I now see strange triangles appearing where clips or bounds have
been used. However, my tests without radiosity tend to reproduce scenes as
they *used* to appear with radiosity on.
  I would post a scene, or source,  but most of what I have been doing are
very large mesh objects (on the order of 4Megs+). I will strip out my models
and retry, but I found this so curious I had to post.
  Have you seen any of these problems elsewhere?

--
GrimDude
gri### [at] isonet