POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : What about TMPOV? : Re: What about TMPOV? Server Time
2 Sep 2024 16:17:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What about TMPOV?
From: Matthew Corey Brown - XenoArch
Date: 11 Dec 1999 19:32:18
Message: <3852ED10.5736AED1@xenoarch.com>
Tim Riley wrote:

> Whatever happened to the patches that were incorporated in TMPOV
> (Twyst's compilation)? One function I miss is hf_height_at() for
> placing objects on a heightfield. As far as I can tell, there isn't
> anything comparable in MegaPOV.

use trace()
its not as easy as hf_at but you can use it for more then just
height_fields, like diminishing lens flares...

I forget the syntax but look under superpatch docs..
--
Matthew Corey Brown                                         XenoArch
mcb### [at] xenoarchcom                             http://www.xenoarch.com