POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : normal facets : normal facets Server Time
5 Sep 2024 18:18:51 EDT (-0400)
  normal facets
From: anton sherwood
Date: 11 Dec 1999 16:41:26
Message: <3852C4D6.7643DD03@pobox.com>
Looking for a normal pattern to give an irregular faceted or grainy look.
I somehow expected "granite" would do, but no.  granite with a tiered
slope_map, perhaps?

What it's for: I've been making 3D versions of various simple coats of
arms, with metal and stone textures -- see one example on my webpage --
and am dissatisfied with the appearance of metal as a flat background.

--
"How'd ya like to climb this high without no mountain?" --Porky Pine
Anton Sherwood  *\\* +1 415 267 0685 *\\* http://www.jps.net/antons/