POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Comments requested : Re: Comments requested Server Time
2 Sep 2024 16:17:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Comments requested
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 10 Dec 1999 23:36:37
Message: <3851d4d5@news.povray.org>
Nathan Kopp <Nat### [at] Koppcom> wrote...
> Do you think this is a major problem or would good documentation and ample
> warnings ward off confusion among users.  What I am worried about is
> something like this:
>
> #declare i=0;
> #while(i<10)
> motion_blur{
>   myObject
>   translate clock*x
>   #declare i=i+1;
> }
> #end

Of course, the person SHOULD have typed:
#declare i=0;
#while(i<10)
motion_blur{
  myObject
  translate clock*x
}
#declare i=i+1;
#end

But confusion could exist nonetheless, since if this were, say, a 'sphere'
then both would work fine.  I guess maybe there's no avoiding it.

-Nathan