POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MegaPov : Re: MegaPov Bugs Server Time
2 Sep 2024 22:18:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPov Bugs
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 10 Dec 1999 22:08:23
Message: <3851c027@news.povray.org>
Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote...

> The following is a program crash related problem ---
>
> // Persistence of Vision Ray Tracer Scene Description File
> // File: trace_hf_pattern.pov
> // Date: 15/11/99
> // Demo showing the use of pattern and trace function.
>
> This crash was repeatable and occured immediately after parsing and when
> the display window appeared.

This is apparantly a problem with the 'pattern' image type (using a pattern
to generate the height-field).  Unfortunately, I don't know exactly what
causes the problems (a bounds issue, I think).  Anyway, I've made the
height-field code a bit more fault-tolerant so that this will no longer
cause a crash.

-Nathan