POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MegaPov : Re: MegaPov Bugs Server Time
2 Sep 2024 22:18:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPov Bugs
From: Ken
Date: 11 Dec 1999 00:53:31
Message: <3851E6AF.2D887A6@pacbell.net>
Nathan Kopp wrote:

> First, I'm not familear with isosurface stuff (I haven't done any work on it
> myself...

I haven't either. Right now I am simply rendering thumbnails of all of
the demos to help you track down bugs and to get a feel for what the
patch has to offer. I have been avoiding this for too long and it's
time I start to get up to speed on some of these new features.

> About that crash... I got it to crash once... but that happened before I
> replaced the #declare TH=...
>
> But can't get it to crash again now that I'm running the debugger.
> Strange...

With a little patience I was able to get it to stop crashing long enough
to return the following error message:

#declare TH=
function{"FUNC1"}

isosurface {
     function {FUNC1(x,y+cos(TH <----ERROR

torus2.pov:16: error: cannot load function.

Returned from renderer (non-zero return value)

 Obviously it is a user created problem but the program seems a little
too sensitive to it.