POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : 3ds thru moray to POV : Re: 3ds thru moray to POV Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:29:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3ds thru moray to POV
From: Krystian G Bates
Date: 10 Dec 1999 16:59:21
Message: <385177b9@news.povray.org>
"michael mccue" <mik### [at] harmoniccyclecom> wrote in message

> #declare Bicycle_Bicycle_Smoot15= object   {
>    Bicycle_Bicycle_Smoot15    <------- ERROR
>
> C:\Program Files\Moray for Windows\PovScn\bikeA1.pov:121:  error: object
> expected but undeclared identifier
> 'Bicycle_Bicycle_Smott15' found instead.

Which one is written in the source, 'Bicycle_Bicycle_Smoot15' or
'Bicycle_Bicycle_Smott15' ?

I think I might have been a little vague on my reply. You need to look
through the include file for the UDO, which delcares the names and shapes of
the objects converted by 3DWin. It should read something like:

#declare Bicycle_Bicycle_Smoot15 = union
{
        mesh {various numbers}
        " repeated several times"
}
Then check the POV file and make sure that when it says:
#declare Bicycle_Bicycle_Smoot15_Ref = object {
    Bicycle_Bicycle_Smoot15   <<<<< This needs to be spelled identically to
the
    material {                                \\\\\\\\ one declared in the
include file.
    something
    }
}

You'll probably have to go thru and check each object that is declared in
the include file. I have no idea if this is a 3DWin problem, or a Moray
problem, as  I haven't used 3D outside of importing to Moray.