POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : 3ds thru moray to POV : Re: 3ds thru moray to POV Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:16:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3ds thru moray to POV
From: michael mccue
Date: 10 Dec 1999 16:03:25
Message: <38516a9d@news.povray.org>
Thanks Krystian,
 I went to the POV file and edited out the suffix '_Ref' which seemed to
have been added. I looked in the new include file and only saw the materials
I assigned in Moray. The objects in the pov file were in the original inc
file where they are descirbed as "mesh"? I tried to render after editing and
saving the pov file but the results were similar to the prvious attempt.

Now the message says:

#declare Bicycle_Bicycle_Smoot15= object   {
   Bicycle_Bicycle_Smoot15    <------- ERROR

C:\Program Files\Moray for Windows\PovScn\bikeA1.pov:121:  error: object
expected but undeclared identifier
'Bicycle_Bicycle_Smott15' found instead.

Returned from renderer (non-zero return value)

  I have no idea what to try to do? It seems the "_REF" suffix wasn't the
thing hanging the render process.
It seems like I am not clear on how the mesh descriptions in the initial
.inc file generated by 3Dwin relate to the objects in my UDO and the
resulting .mdl and .inc files. I am assinging materials to each object on a
local level and the scene test confirms it is OK but POVray seems to be
expecting something other than the original mesh description name. Any help
greatly appreciated.

thanks,
mike mccue