POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Question about ultra_wide_angle camera in uvpov : Re: Question about ultra_wide_angle camera in uvpov Server Time
2 Sep 2024 16:20:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Question about ultra_wide_angle camera in uvpov
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 5 Dec 1999 17:36:45
Message: <384ae8fd@news.povray.org>
Chris Huff <chr### [at] yahoocom> wrote...
> In article <384a8e7a@news.povray.org>, Nieminen Juha
> <war### [at] punarastascstutfi> wrote:
>
> >   The ultra_wide_angle camera differs a lot in the official povray and
> >   uvpov.
> > The difference is not only in the measurement of the angle (you can't
get
> > the same image in uvpov is in the official pov just by changing the
> > camera angle and nothing else).
> >   What changes has been made to the ultra_wide_angle camera in uvpov?
>
> I remember reading about a bug in the official version with the
> ultra_wide_angle camera, I think it had something to do with a value not
> being multiplied by pi when it should have been. UVPov might fix this
> bug, which would be why it produces different results.
>
> However, I can't find where I saw this bug...

That was one bug.  There was actually another bug.  Gerald K. Dobiasovsky
suggested some other bugfixes back in July, 1999 which fixed bugs in
ultra_wide_angle and the four cylinder cameras.  I have never used any of
these cameras, so I never came across the original bug nor do I know exactly
what the bugfixes change.

-Nathan