POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : New modeler developer mailing list : Re: New modeler developer mailing list Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:30:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New modeler developer mailing list
From: jurek
Date: 6 Dec 1999 04:10:08
Message: <384B7D0D.781D5F15@yahoo.com>
Hy,
it is a really good thing, what you are doing, but let me give some
thoughts to this discussion. I'm engineer and I'm working with
3D-CAD-systems for some years. Did you look at them how they work and
what they are able for ? I think, they should be an example of your
work. Isn't there a free 3-d-Kernel on the web ? (Most CAD-systems have
either parasolids or acis, but I think, they are not free) Not
everything needs to be invented several times.
Perhaps you will have a look at the following 3d-cad-systems:

unigraphics
pro/e
i-deas
catia

good luck with your project, and the greatest thing that could happen
is: make a 3d-modeler as good as those 4 before and give it for free or
say 100$ instead of 20000$/year. that would be a revolution in industry.

jurek