POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : My personal Moray wishlist... : Re: My personal Moray wishlist... Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:24:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My personal Moray wishlist...
From: Lutz Kretzschmar
Date: 1 Dec 1999 15:39:06
Message: <3847821a.47028813@194.174.214.110>
Hi Nieminen Juha, you recently wrote in moray.win:

>   Doesn't copying an object do just this?
It depends how you make the copy. Moray offers shallow and deep
copies.

>   My suggestion is that a scripting language (perhaps similar to povray's)
> should be added. That should cover most of the requests anybody has and would
> remove all the limits moray has.
I agree that a simnple scripting would be a Good Thing, unfortunately
it is quite a lot of work (not neccessarily very difficult, but a lot
of internal shuffling).
Adding a scripting language like POV-Rays seems rather like doing a
full circle<g>. Might as well just use POV-Ray! Our concentration is
on the G in GUI ;-)

Someone on the Moray SDK mailing list recently started to research the
possibility of creating a scripting plugin, so there is hope yet<g>.

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray