POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Patched/Unoffical Version ?s : Re: Patched/Unoffical Version ?s Server Time
28 Jul 2024 06:24:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Patched/Unoffical Version ?s
From: Fabian Brau
Date: 3 Dec 1999 03:04:56
Message: <38477A30.E294E12A@umh.ac.be>
> For example Nathan changed the way that layered filtered
> pigments work and that caused some people some problems using existing
> include files that use that feature.

If I remember well, Nathan has also changed the way to calculate the
normals.
Could you tell me if the "official" way to calculate the normals is
buggy or
not. This mean that if it is buggy, the next release of the official
POVRAY
could be corrected. If this is not a bug and if Nathan do this for
another
reason, so I will know that the official and the Nathan release will
never
calculate in the same way :).

Thanks to light my mind.

Fabian.