POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Associating files w. POV-Ray : Re: Associating files w. POV-Ray Server Time
28 Jul 2024 06:19:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Associating files w. POV-Ray
From: omniVERSE
Date: 2 Dec 1999 23:30:11
Message: <38474753@news.povray.org>
This would be great, were it not for one thing.  The user customizable
extensions (languages too?) would no doubt only work correctly on ones own
personal system and not on others so there would be a need for something
akin to distributable Ini files, such as now are possible, should anyone
want to share or distribute a certain file type.  Some sort of
auto-recognition inherent to any and all POV-Ray files then?  Hmm, that
might mean a binary instead of a ascii.  What do you think?

Bob