POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Associating files w. POV-Ray : Re: Associating files w. POV-Ray Server Time
28 Jul 2024 06:17:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Associating files w. POV-Ray
From: Ken
Date: 2 Dec 1999 15:49:09
Message: <3846DAC2.6BC48652@pacbell.net>
omniVERSE wrote:

>   First thing to do is backup a copy of cmedit.dll.
>   The changes I made to cmedit.dll are simply to replace  txt  with  mcr
> and there are 4 instances of that located in a obvious section of the file
> (2 more exist but need not be changed).

  I really hate the idea of mucking around inside runtime libraries like
you are advocating, Bob. As a new founding member of TAG I will address
this issue with the POV-Team and get their feedback on it. Chris Cason
has mentioned some *possible* changes to the editor before release of
POV-Ray v3.5 and I might be able to get him to add this to it. This will
also allow for syntax highlighting of associated files within the editor
so it is a much better fix all the way around.

http://www.povray.org/links/