POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : My personal Moray wishlist... : Re: My personal Moray wishlist... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:17:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My personal Moray wishlist...
From: Lutz Kretzschmar
Date: 2 Dec 1999 03:07:05
Message: <38462808.1120170@194.174.214.110>
Hi ZEGER KNAEPEN, you recently wrote in moray.win:

> Not exactly.  You could make very simple, very fast, very editable and
> very interactive (are those the same?) previews with moray of plain
> POV-code that way.
I disagree. POV-Ray takes more than a second to parse a scene and the
langauge is so liberal that it is very difficult to write a 100%
compatible parser (you're not allowed to use the POV-Ray source code,
remember). And if you don't make a 100% compatible parser, then you
have exactly the same discussion as we are having about Moray<g>.

I wonder why noone has written a patch for POV-Ray that does this
simple preview if it so easy.
- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray