POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : My personal Moray wishlist... : Re: My personal Moray wishlist... Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:21:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My personal Moray wishlist...
From: Alexander Enzmann
Date: 1 Dec 1999 08:55:00
Message: <384528A5.96E6EECB@mitre.org>
Gev### [at] jpberlinde wrote:

> Hi.

> BTW: Why takes the animation plugin so much time? It would be enough for me
> if the translation/scale/rotation fields would be replaced by a formular

Because In order to get it working properly I've had to ask Lutz to make
quite a few modifications to Moray and it's plugin interface.  Each
round trip involves describing the problem, trying a fix, fixing the
fix, finding a new problem.

Although you could describe the t/s/r fields with a formula, how would
you describe the characteristics of the animation itself?  [e.g.,
start/stop time, FPS] - remember that Moray has no notion of time.  How
do you control the renderer from within the plugin (it turns out to be
difficult to determine when POV-Ray is done rendering a frame).  How do
you tell Moray when to use a formula and when to use a value from the
dialog.

Xander