POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : My personal Moray wishlist... : Re: My personal Moray wishlist... Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:20:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My personal Moray wishlist...
From: Alex Magidow
Date: 1 Dec 1999 08:07:31
Message: <38451DE8.D2D129D@mninter.net>
Psychomek wrote:

> Gev### [at] jpberlinde wrote:
>
> > Hi.
> >
> > I've noticed that Lutz Kretzschmar is writing/reding in this group.
> >
> > Guy, do you have too much time hu? ;-)
> >
> > So I would like to start a feature-wish-list...
> >
> > Beginning with me:
> > - the animation Plugin! (only want to mention it here...)
> > - Object Libraries
> > - possibility to place one object several times in the image... when you
> > change the source-object, all others will be changed. This could be memory-
> > and rendering-time-sparing
> > - Direct 3d or OpenGL preview (less important but nice)
> > - more releases with fever changes instead of fewer releases with more
> > changes
> > -[your features here?]
> >

> My Wish list...
> 1.  an Isosurface plugin for the Super patch version of povray
> 2.  A plugin that would communicate with the 3ds2Pov program
> 3.  maybe support for the cylindrical lights, triangles, prism, polygon, and
> polynomials...

You can do that with a UDO/INC pair, AFAIK...

> 4.  (Anyone else?)

1. An BMRT export plugin(For all those potential plugin writers out there, you
can easily use this to make it:http://www.affine.com/
It doesn't need to support anything that Moray doesn't. If you can somehow export
the textures as shaders, that'd kick ass, but is most definitely not needed.
2. See number one.
3. See number 2.
4. See number 3.
5. Can you guess?

--
The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.