POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Soliciting feedback : Re: Soliciting feedback Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:29:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Soliciting feedback
From: Nigel Stewart
Date: 29 Nov 1999 12:05:24
Message: <3842B1A9.EC6B34E9@nigels.com>
> I'll probably be the only one who thinks so, but I would definitately enjoy
> having the built in editor. At least have it available in the POV source,
> like a configureable option,

	As it turns out, I've been thinking about doing this in V.
	It's a portable C++ GUI toolkit, and quite simple to code
	with.  There is already a C++/Java IDE called VIDE, which
	I think could be adapted to POVray fairly painlessly.  It
	has windows and vi editing emulation.  It's attractive,
	I think, especially to the Unix oriented people, like me.

	For your reference:
	http://www.objectcentral.com/

	I think it would be quite a nice combination - a portable
	GUI for POV and a 'killer app' for V.

	Nigel Stewart

--
Nigel Stewart (nig### [at] nigelscom)
Research Student, Software Developer, Tokyo Dweller