POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Saturn's rings : Saturn's rings Server Time
2 Sep 2024 22:13:57 EDT (-0400)
  Saturn's rings
From: Sigmund Kyrre Ås
Date: 27 Nov 1999 19:10:23
Message: <3840727E.5C1DF9A0@stud.ntnu.no>
Recently I found that pov limits colour_maps to 256 entries. I was

containing 915 and 1444 entries respectively.
(http://www.mmedia.is/~bjj/data/saturn/rings.html)

I settled for 915 entries and used awk and matlab to interpolate and
convert both transmit and colour values to pov syntax. Please feel free
to comment on my approach, as I'm not sure if this is the easiest way.

(A higher resolution image (125k) is available at
http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~as/bilder/sat.jpg)

Sigmund Kyrre Aas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'saturn.zip' (12 KB) Download 'saturn-.jpg' (65 KB)

Preview of image 'saturn-.jpg'
saturn-.jpg