POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Heightfield ?s : Heightfield ?s Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:28:02 EDT (-0400)
  Heightfield ?s
From: Krystian
Date: 26 Nov 1999 17:04:10
Message: <383f03da@news.povray.org>
I wanted to ask a few heightfiels questions, see if anyone had any ideas. I
wanted to have a few textures layered vertically, ala the Genesis toolkit..
which doesn't seem to work for me. I've tried making a gradient map for the
pigments and normals, but it always seems to repeat. Is there anyway (either
in Moray or via hand tweaking) that I can get the gradient to only repeat
once? For now, I've been using multiple copies of the heightfield, w/
different water levels, and CSG operations to make them fit, but it seems to
be an inelegant solution.. not to mention time consuming on both ends.
Thanks!