POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Radiosity question : Re: Radiosity question Server Time
2 Sep 2024 16:15:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity question
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 23 Nov 1999 10:17:13
Message: <383aaff9@news.povray.org>
Fabian,

By "brightest object", I mean, "If you shoot rays into your scene, turn the
colors to grey-scale, what will be the biggest number, ignoring specular and
phong highlights?"

For example, if you have all "diffuse 1.0" objects with pigment colors no
greater than <1,1,1> and the sum of your light sources is 1.5, then the
brightest any object can look is 1.0*1.0*1.5 = 1.5.  On the other hand,
let's say one object is supposed to act like a light source, so you use
"ambient 20" with that object.  In that case, your brightest object will be
20 and you'd want to use a max_sample of 20 and a radiosity adc_bailout of
0.01/20.

-Nathan

Fabian Brau <fab### [at] umhacbe> wrote...