POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : help (of coourse) : Re: help (of coourse) Server Time
5 Sep 2024 18:21:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: help (of coourse)
From: zab
Date: 26 Nov 1999 18:54:00
Message: <383F1D8A.29FB0F14@mail.vt.edu>
Bob,

The opening starts with a side view of the text, from the rightmost ( Y/L )
end.  The text rotates and as it gets to 90 degrees from its original (well ok,
-90) position it flashes and shimmers becasuse it is really shiny, like polished
metal.  I've played around and gotten the text to rotate and look kinda shiny,
but I know it can look much better, its just beyond my patience.  If you run the
file below, it looks best at 45 frames, clock values 0 to 1.

#include "colors.inc"
  #include "textures.inc"
  #include "finish.inc"
  #include "metals.inc"