POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Mirroring of objects : Re: Mirroring of objects Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:24:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mirroring of objects
From: Alexander Enzmann
Date: 24 Nov 1999 07:16:17
Message: <383BD786.C4600486@mitre.org>

> Please remind me of what newsgroup I am in... :-)
>

> Moray can only support things that Povray supports. And povray supports

> Primitives.

Triangles and meshes are primitives.  Mesh manipulation is a feature
that I've discussed at length with Lutz.  It's more a matter of the
amount of time to do it than anything else.

There's another consideration with using "scale <-1, 1, 1>".  When you
do that, you invert the object - for many prims, this causes the normals
to point to the other side of the surface.  This can be bad.

Xander