POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Superpatch mesh error.. : Superpatch mesh error.. Server Time
2 Sep 2024 16:14:58 EDT (-0400)
  Superpatch mesh error..
From: Alex Vandiver
Date: 20 Nov 1999 20:05:40
Message: <38374547.4EBD2A6@tiac.net>
This has me much confused.  Any code involving a mesh{}, under the
Superpatch 3.1e for Windows, produces the error:
Attempt to malloc zero size block (File:
C:\incoming\povsrc\super31a\PARSE.C Line: 3796).

I did not compile the Superpatch from source, and nor does the directory
and file above exist on my hard drive.

For example, even the simplistic:
   camera {location 3 look_at 0}
   light_source {<0,10,5>,1}
   mesh {
     triangle { <0,0,0>, <1,0,0>, <0,0,1> }
   }
dies at line 5.  I know that a few months ago I rendered a scene on a
different computer, with the Superpatch, involving a mesh, and it
worked.  So either I have a more recent version of the Superpartch which
doesn't deal with meshes, or my install of the Superpatch is flawed.
Anyone else know of this?
Thanks,
-Alex Vandiver