POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Tesselating a 2D surface : Tesselating a 2D surface Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:24:01 EDT (-0400)
  Tesselating a 2D surface
From: Martin Magnusson
Date: 18 Nov 1999 17:37:19
Message: <38347f9f@news.povray.org>
Does anyone know of a (good) algorithm to tesselate a 2D polygon?

At least I think tesselation is what I'm after - what I want to do is
distributing points evenly inside a polygon with a certain maximum distance
to each other (that is, tesselate(d) should fill the polygon with enogh
points so that no points are more separated by more than d distance), and
then make a triangular mesh out of it.

Any ideas?