POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Media method 3 bug : Re: Media method 3 bug Server Time
2 Sep 2024 16:14:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Media method 3 bug
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 16 Nov 1999 16:38:37
Message: <3831CF83.5F4F8B24@peak.edu.ee>
That is weird... I am using 6.1 too (Windows compile downloaded from Nathan's
site).
Here, the light beam is not completely blocked by the box (i.e. it continues
beyond it, although it's fainter). Also, I have further explored the effect: it
is only visible when there is nothing between media and the background. When the
disc is made transparent, the bug is not visible this side of the disc, but it
is visible through the disc.
I will post a small image in p.b.i

Can anybody else reproduce the problem?

Margus