POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : question for you photon fans... : Re: question for you photon fans... Server Time
3 Sep 2024 06:17:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: question for you photon fans...
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 15 Nov 1999 02:44:19
Message: <382fb9d3@news.povray.org>
In article <382F7EBE.D174A959@carmen.murdoch.edu.au> ,
mne### [at] carmenmurdocheduau  wrote:

> 'distribution' is good
>
> Nathan Kopp wrote:
>
>> I personally don't like the way I'm using the 'density' keyword to specify
>> photon density.  Usually, when you say density, you want to give a
>> items-per-area(or volume) value, not a length value.  So... what would be a
>> better keyword?  Would 'spacing' be good? (since you are giving the spacing
>> between photons)  I do not want to switch the value to a real density,
>> because right now photon 'density' and gather 'radius' are directly related
>> (linearly), making it easy to test with a low number of photons and switch to
>> a large number with predictable results (my 'phd' variable, for those who've
>> looked at my source).
>>
>> So... is 'spacing' good?  Any other ideas?
>>
>> -Nathan

Please notice that the news.povray.org server keeps messages for a very long
time - the message you replied to is from April 4th, 1999 :-)
You may want to set you newsreader to only show/download a specific number
of recent messages (i.e. 300 or 500) or set it to sort messages by date.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany