POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Wondering about Noise() : Re: Wondering about Noise() Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:27:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wondering about Noise()
From: Gerald K  Dobiasovsky
Date: 12 Nov 1999 13:41:39
Message: <382c5f63@news.povray.org>
Mark Wagner <mar### [at] gtenet> wrote:

> The problem here is with the specific precomputed table.  A different
table
> would give a different set of values, and it is possible to design a table
> that gives the correct behavior.
>
> Mark

One would have to perform basic statistics tests on the numbers
in RTable, but for Alexander Enzmann's results they would have
to be heavily skewed towards negative values
(at least they _look_ pretty much evenly distributed).

And his tests of DNoise() - note his answer to my post - are much
more well behaved than Noise(), so maybe there's some "typo" bug
in Noise() like a wrong sign or something like that...

--
Gerald
ger### [at] aonat