POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Wondering about Noise() : Re: Wondering about Noise() Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:20:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wondering about Noise()
From: Abe
Date: 12 Nov 1999 17:59:02
Message: <382C9C0B.2BB3F144@taconic.net>
> These are basically close enough for texturing work.  So, what does it
> affect in POV-Ray?  Functions that directly call Noise() are: Bozo,
> Granite, Spotted, Bumps, Dents, Wrinkles, The functions that use
> Turbulence() (based on Noise()) are: Marble, Agate, and Irid.
> Turbulence warps are based on DTurbulence() (which uses DNoise()).

If I may be so bold as to stick my nose in here...

  Would this bias in Noise() manifest itself as "flat" areas in a Bozo
normal modifier
(i.e. would the high or low points of Bozo bumps appear shaved off)? If
this is indeed the case it would give me rest on something which has
puzzled me for a while.

Abe