POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : compiling on OSF1 v4.0 digital unix : Re: compiling on OSF1 v4.0 digital unix Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:23:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: compiling on OSF1 v4.0 digital unix
From: Mark Gordon
Date: 11 Nov 1999 00:53:46
Message: <382A6949.7AB4072F@mailbag.com>
wil### [at] physlatechedu wrote:

> ive d/l all the files needed to compile povray.
> zlib and libpng compile fine.
> then i go to source/unix and make newxwin
> then this happens
> unix$ make newxwin
> gcc ../atmosph.c
> In file included from ../atmosph.c:24:
> ../frame.h:36: config.h: No such file or directory
> *** Exit 1
> Stop.
> unix$
>
> so i copied config.h to ..
> it couldnt find unixconf.h
> then i quit because it just wasnt working
>
> now what?
> wil### [at] physlatechedu

I've never seen this before.  I suspect your version of make isn't happy
with how we're defining paths to various files; it should be finding
them where they are without your having to manually copy them.  Not to
be preachy, but several people have reported that GNU make works better
for some things.  If that isn't an option (here's my serious
suggestion), try copying source/unix/* to source (but still run make
newxwin in source/unix).  Let me know how it goes.

If anyone has any other insights, let me know.

-Mark Gordon