POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : save_file, load_file "mediaph.ph" : Re: save_file, load_file "mediaph.ph" Server Time
2 Sep 2024 16:22:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: save_file, load_file "mediaph.ph"
From: Ken
Date: 8 Nov 1999 05:32:50
Message: <3826A687.1E1F4E1A@pacbell.net>
Nieminen Juha wrote:

>   Are there any other advantages of saving the photon map than speeding up
> a continued trace?
>   The scene usually changes from render to render (trial and error style
> modelling) so I think that the photon map changes as well.

Personaly I do not even turn on photons until my scene is fully developed.
Then I spend time tweaking the photon and lighting settings to optimize
their effect for the scene I am working on. In either case a saved map
would serve no purpose because the parameters for the photons would change
between each render session.