POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : save_file, load_file "mediaph.ph" : Re: save_file, load_file "mediaph.ph" Server Time
2 Sep 2024 16:22:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: save_file, load_file "mediaph.ph"
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 7 Nov 1999 16:15:02
Message: <3825ebd6@news.povray.org>
I might rename to *_photons.  However, if we keep it as save_file and
load_file, then we could use the same keywords in the radiosity{} block (no
need for new keywords) to save/load radiosity.  And yes, this could
definately be done with radiosity (the radiosity octree can already be
saved/loaded by POV for continued renders).  The only problem with radiosity
is that POV will usually calculate more radiosity data during the ray-trace
pass.  This could be prevented if necessary, though.

This feature (saving/loading the photon map) is also intended to help with
network rendering possibities in the future.  It should be in the docs
somewhere.  If not, I'll have to add it.

-Nathan

TonyB <ben### [at] panamaphoenixnet> wrote...