POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Bug in export? : Re: Bug in export? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:31:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bug in export?
From: Ian Burgmyer
Date: 7 Nov 1999 01:00:43
Message: <3825158b@news.povray.org>
Alex Magidow <axi### [at] mninternet> wrote in message
> Nieminen Juha wrote:
> > Ian Burgmyer <the### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> > : Occasionally, when I translate an object, I get an error in POV-Ray
when
> > : raytracing.  Turns out that occasionally, Moray will export (in a
position
> > : vector) something like #INF00.  If I move the object somewhere else,
then
> > : move it back, the problem is fixed on the next export.
> >
> >   This sounds like the program is outputting the result of an illegal
> > operation. This kind of result appears with operations like x/0 (= inf),
> > -x/0 (= -inf) or 0/0 (= not-a-number).
>
> But shouldn't Moray crap out when doing operations like this? I know when
I make
> programs that divide by zero, they seriously crap out- why doesn't moray?

Ditto here.  Unless Moray has it's own error handler, which I don't really
think is very logical in a Windows program, and is it even POSSIBLE without
seriously hacking up the code?  And, if there is such an error handler, then
I'd think it would iron out these kind of things.  I dunno.

--
This message brought to you by:
-=< Ian (the### [at] hotmailcom >=-

Please visit my site at http://spectere2000.cjb.net! :)