POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.tutorials : Glowing computer screen done with radiosity...? : Re: Glowing computer screen done with radiosity...? Server Time
4 May 2024 14:14:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Glowing computer screen done with radiosity...?
From: Ken
Date: 7 Nov 1999 00:17:08
Message: <38250B54.17B759E2@pacbell.net>
Shawn Fumo wrote:

> I'm just trying to judge if that in itself would be enough to produce
> that, or if I should stick with some sort of point light or light that
> is part of the screen, etc. I was thinking the radiosity would give a
> much more realistic image...

Not being an expert on radiosity I will add only this - A monitor really
is nothing more that a light source. I personaly would attack this problem
with a filter/transmit image map for the picture on the screen with maybe
a high intensity light source behind it.

For some special effects maybe add just a bit of scattering media to the
room so that it looks like the colored light from the screen is tracing
a path to the human behind it.