POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Moon in the daylight : Re: Moon in the daylight Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:27:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Moon in the daylight
From: SamuelT
Date: 4 Nov 1999 22:08:13
Message: <38224B90.3B40E5C0@aol.com>
Hello Trole. I have a method that works well for me. The concept is to make the
moon white, but give it an ambient that is the same as the background color.
With a texture_map you can have a variance in the pigment's surface value. Here
is some code:

light_source{<100000,200000,0>,<1,1,.8>}

background{rgb<.3 .5 1>}

sphere{<0,20000,100000>,20000
 texture{bumps scale 3000 turbulence .75
  texture_map{
   [0 pigment{rgb 1}finish{diffuse .3 ambient<.3 .5 1>}]
   [1 pigment{rgb 1}finish{diffuse .5 ambient<.3 .5 1>}]
  }
 }
}

--
Samuel Benge

STB### [at] aolcom

"And you can fly
 High as a kite if you want to
 Faster than light if you want to
 Speeding through the universe
 Thinking is the best way to travel"

          -The Best Way to Travel, The Moody Blues