POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Poser figures rendered in POV-Ray with UV Patch...? : Re: Poser figures rendered in POV-Ray with UV Patch...? Server Time
2 Sep 2024 16:14:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Poser figures rendered in POV-Ray with UV Patch...?
From: Ken
Date: 4 Nov 1999 08:21:21
Message: <382186D4.56264D81@pacbell.net>
Shawn Fumo wrote:

> Hey there =)

Hey !

> Ok... a long time since I done any POV-Ray stuff.

That is an understatement :)

> I know I should do more research on my own,

 There has been a recent rash of conversion utilities to ease the pain of the
UV coordinate mapping. Thomas posted a link to his utility so I won't duplicate
that.

There is a another new conversion utility by Cliff Bowman for converting
Poser obj to UVPov at:

http://www.who3d.cwc.net/Models.html

And yet another that just was released at:

http://home.HiWAAY.net/~ssloan/software/

Also see:

http://www.warmann.com/users/broken/utils/utils.html