POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Attenuation feature/bug? : Attenuation feature/bug? Server Time
2 Sep 2024 18:16:02 EDT (-0400)
  Attenuation feature/bug?
From: TonyB
Date: 31 Oct 1999 14:38:07
Message: <381c9a9f@news.povray.org>
Hi. I don't know anything about this attenaution patch, or what it is
exactly for. I've just seen SamuelT. do some real nice stuff with it. I
decided to try it myself and to my surprise, this happened:

camera {location <1,2,-3>*10 look_at 0}
light_source {y*10 2}
plane {y,0 pigment {rgb .5}}
sphere {y*6,4 pigment {rgbf 1} interior {fade_power 2 fade_distance 4
fade_color rgb <1,3,2>}}

Try it for yourselves... Is this a bug or some feature of the attenuation?
Did I do something wrong, perhaps?