POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : A Name for Future Inclusive Patch : Re: A Name for Future Inclusive Patch Server Time
3 Sep 2024 00:16:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Name for Future Inclusive Patch
From: omniVERSE
Date: 31 Oct 1999 02:51:02
Message: <381bf4e6@news.povray.org>
mr.art <mr.### [at] gcinet> wrote in message news:381B6731.CE952ADA@gci.net...
> Maybe a vote would help.
> MegaPatch    ____
> SuperPatch    ____
> OmniPatch    ____
> PatchItPatch    ____
> WriteIn :_POV-Patch___X

Just wanted to try a semi-official kind of name.  Really think the recent,
most talked about and used ones being compiled into a single entity so
closely paralleling a future POV-Ray version should sound more associated to
the parent program.  Unfortunately, seems the POV-Team has put out a
"POV-Patch" before, the 3.1e update wasn't it?  I can't remember, anyway it
was truly a patch for POV-Ray.
Just so long as it isn't called Knee Patch or Elbow Patch (or Pumpkin Patch
either!) I could live with it graciously.

Bob