POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Fractal patch : Re: Fractal patch Server Time
2 Sep 2024 18:14:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fractal patch
From: Nieminen Juha
Date: 30 Oct 1999 03:46:48
Message: <381aa268@news.povray.org>
Peter Popov <pet### [at] usanet> wrote:
: this is just great! I've been hoping someone would make such a patch
: because I was unable to du=o it myself. How about more advanced stuff
: like finite attractors or filtering (like Im:, Mag:, Abs: etc.?)?
: While I am still dreaming, don't you think a general formula parser
: (in the FractInt .frm format) would be nice (hint, hint :) )?

  Yes, I was thinking about adding different (predefined) formulas for
coloring the interior and exterior of the fractals.
  I thought also about letting the user to specify coloring methods or even
pixel color calculations, but that would be almost like making a programmable
shader, I think.
  Adding those pattern types was quite easy just by looking how the mandel
type was done. I have not studied the povray source code so much that I
could add a completely new type of block with its own syntax.