POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : How to position an "included" bezier-spline model? : How to position an "included" bezier-spline model? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 20:19:41 EDT (-0400)
  How to position an "included" bezier-spline model?
From: Cindy Groves
Date: 29 Oct 1999 18:30:16
Message: <381a1ff8@news.povray.org>
Hi! I'm using a Hash Animation Master to POV converter, which creates an
.inc file from the model.  These files are very long, BTW (thousands of
lines long).  I want to move the model around in the scene and be able to
scale it. To do that, I think I would need to #declare the object within the
.inc file and reference it within my pov scene file.

However, I'm not sure how to enclose such a long series of vectors.  Each
spline patch has four lines with several vectors each (enclosed in < >), and
then each group has a material applied after each group of numbers.  I'm not
sure where the enclosing brackets {} should go when declaring the object.

I hope I've explained the problem well enough.  Any help would be
appreciated.

Thanks,

Cindy Groves