POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Blob pattern patch updated-again : Re: Blob pattern patch updated-again Server Time
2 Sep 2024 16:20:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blob pattern patch updated-again
From: Chris Huff
Date: 2 Nov 1999 07:59:35
Message: <381EE0D2.6B94DF12@yahoo.com>
>Does this imply that development has stopped now ?<

No, just that I have completed it enough to bother releasing a runneable
version. I don't think there are any bugs left, but I am calling it a
beta version, just in case. :-)

>The reason I ask is that I have hesitated adding your patch to the
patch section of the links page until you have worked out the bugs
and have finished adding features. I feared if I were to list it too
early and others start compling it into their own executables they
might miss some later important changes. If you are nearing
completetion with it I will add you to the hall of records and advertize

it for you.<

I think it is fairly complete. If people have some good suggestions
about additional features and syntax, I will try to incorporate them,
but the only things I will be adding are bug fixes(if any are left),
possibly additional types of components(cone, box, torus...), and maybe
some more density functions(if I can figure out any more to add).