POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Render Quality Problem : Re: Render Quality Problem Server Time
5 Sep 2024 20:19:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Render Quality Problem
From: Steve
Date: 30 Oct 1999 11:30:45
Message: <381B0B0D.1152CC1A@ndirect.co.uk>
I think I probably do things the other way round, think of a
nice texture then try to decide what type of object I can
put inside it.  The current project that I'm working on
would be a good example of that, I wanted to make a
checkered texture on a coffee cup, (like some I've seen in
the real world), and then built a scene to show off my
layered texture. It'll be in P.B.I either today or tomorrow.

Ken wrote:

> Steve wrote:
> >
> > Yes Quick colour works well, I've been using it this week,
> > it's the kind of thing that you don't look for in the docs
> > because you don't think it exists.
>
> Coming from the older Pov v1.0 and v2.2 days along with operating on
> a 386 system the use of quick color is very well known to me. With the
> advent of later versions of the program and a much faster computer I
> seldom if ever find a need for it. I usually know what slows down a
> scene and can work around it without having to use the lower quality
> settings or by resorting to the quick color pigments. I think experience
> has a lot to do with it. I also generally don't have complicated textures
> in my scene until I have it's basic structure laid out. This helps
> with the time it takes in the early development stages.
>
> --
> Ken Tyler -  1100+ Povray, Graphics, 3D Rendering, and Raytracing Links:

Cheers
Steve              email mailto:sjl### [at] ndirectcouk

web http://www.ndirect.co.uk/~sjlen/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps