POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : UVPov alpha 6 (based on POV 3.1g) : Re: UVPov alpha 6 (radiosity bug?) Server Time
3 Sep 2024 02:17:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: UVPov alpha 6 (radiosity bug?)
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 28 Oct 1999 23:56:41
Message: <38191af9@news.povray.org>
This reminds me....  A while back somebody said they had changed the
radiosity code to do a better job of saving/loading the radiosity cache
file.  Now, these changes never made it into POV 3.1g, so I don't have them.
If this bug is in UVPov, it is probably also in 3.1g.  Does anybody have
that radiosity code?  If not, I may be able to make those changes myself,
but for now I'm sure if you delete that cache file after canceling a trace,
the problem will go away.

-Nathan

Mike <pov### [at] aolcom> wrote...
> I was experimenting with the new radiosity today and I noticed when I
changed
> resolutions that the brightness of the scene changed.  I had some lights
in the
> scene that I commented out so I could test some ambient objects.  At first
> thought the brightness was different because of the different resolutions,
but
> apparently the radiosity cache file (from when I rendered it with the
lights in
> the scene) is being kept but is only used at a specific image resolution.
I'm